2009-08-14

New Orleans trip, among some other rantings

It's really amazing how I can get my self burnt so easily but my skin resumes to return to the shade of Casper's ghostly skin. Right now my sunburn is just in the process of healing and peeling. I was hoping at least my face would get a little color out of this trip, but alas, no luck. Moving on from that, about a week ago (I think) me and my family and a friend came back from a weekend trip to New Orleans. I had a concert to attend, and 2 of my family members just really needed a break from every day life. To my surprise there were actually a lot of "older" people at the concert. To those of you that might be older, I don't mean that in an insulting way. Really, I was just a bit taken back to see a 60 year old man at a Green Day, concert. But by all means, Rock on, Mister! I have always been a Green Day fan, but my expectations weren't high. Probably due to the fact that me and my friend scored tickets WAY in the back of the New Orleans Arena. But honestly... That was the second best night of my life. It was energetic even from where we were seated, and the band kept us more then entertained with their shenanigans.

I would post a picture right now of that concert, but sadly my cellphone didn't get the best shot from the seating in the back. The best shots are just of the lighting. The only thing that was really upsetting about the whole thing was when we accessed the building. I understand places like that need security, but after getting checked by security, we resumed to going to get our ticket scanned. Now, this is where I'm stupid but I don't exactly know the name of the objects they used. It's that stand with the three legs coming out vertically to keep one person only to go through them? I have no idea what they're called. But the point being, I'm a pretty plus sized person. I'm more so sized at the hips which is where my embarrassing part came up, me resulting with nearly getting stuck. It's the most humiliating thing a plus sized person would have to go through and I don't understand the reason for why they think that should be accepted. Maybe not all plus sized people want to go out, but for us that do, I'd like to not feel like shit by the time I get to my seat. The seats fall into the same category. Even if I had wanted to sit down, there was no way anyone but a size 14 MAXIMUM was going to fit into those seats. I'm going to end my rant about that here.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spent going to the IMAX theater and the New Orleans Zoo, and the Aquarium. I'd love to say it was amazing, the sight seeing really would have been. But we got rained out of the Zoo Saturday morning, and headed to the other places, which is when the Aquarium was stuffed to the max. I don't know what it is, but I can be totally fine in a crowd of 10,000 people at a concert. But put me in a restaurant or a public place like the Aquarium, it just drives me nuts to be around all of those people that don't have the manners to move out of your way so that YOU can also see something. Yeah so maybe your fascinated by all the colorful fishes but I'd like my family to see them too, so take your picture and your look and move to the next exhibit so we can squeeze in a quick look. But no, these people decided to stay at one tank for like 10 minutes straight. Things like that just easily go under my skin and by that time all I wanted to do was walk quick and get out.

I'm going to slap in some of the pictures that I took.





1 comments:

prplrush said...

I just love your pics! Especially the sting ray pic, it looks perfect, with the "sun" coming through and all! And hey of course the older crowd loves green day! lol. Who doesn't love green day seriously :D